View Single Post
Old August 31, 2012, 03:02 AM   #15
Noreaster

Ok Marine your gonna be like all the rest of us and buy a bunch of stuff you don't like or don't need. The problem is you don't really know until you try the stuff out. Opinions are great but not everyone agrees, (we have many different flavors of ice cream.)

#1. I don't like the pistol grip on the forearm. I kept going back to a traditional hold and got smacked in the hand by it during recoil. But that's just me.

#2. Pistol grip only aren't bad at all as long as you have a light mounted properly, laser or you limit yourself to hip/point shooting. With this type of stock set up your pretty much limited to home defense ranges and don't use 1oz slugs.

#3. I don't like the pistol grip (AR type) stock. Recoil smacked me around a bit in my cheek. Several buddies, including a tough old gunnery sergeant, couldn't get the Knox stock off quick enough. But someone must like them because they sell.

#4. I had a Rem 870 Police Magnum that the stock was too long and really sucked. I have a Mossberg & NEF regular stocks that fit just fine. You do have to be careful about the stock fitting properly. Rem/NEF balance better then Mossbergs but training/use seems to make my Mossbergs just fine. I don't think you'll need a shorter stock, but if you decide you do it's a cheap option to change out down the line.

#5. Sights. My best sights are Williams Fire Sights on a deer shotgun. My HD shotgun has a red dot only because I had an extra one collecting dust. For HD I would prefer a bead or traditional iron sights (fiber optic are the best.) I don't like ghost ring for HD.

Good luck and let us know what you get.

Page generated in 0.02035 seconds with 8 queries