View Single Post
Old December 1, 2011, 10:29 AM   #50
LordTio3

Quote:
You're walking back to your car, possibly with your wife, after dark, after spending a few hours in a downtown night spot, where the nearest parking is several blocks away in a dark parking lot (a common situation). You notice a couple of unsavory-looking guys following you, but you're not sure if they're following you, or just walking back to their car, too.

As you approach your parking lot, you notice they're still about 15 feet behind you. They turn left and right when you do, even walk between cars when you do. Now it's 99% certain they're following you. You look back and remark, sternly, "...you guys, following us, or what?" They remain silent.

Given the ramifications of drawing out a gun, how do you deal with this situation? What is the "draw point," so to speak?
Indiana is an open carry state. I grab my wife by the hand, find an opening, and walk out into the street. City streets are well lit, and I am now the center of attention. Anyone nefarious will obviously avoid being involved in such an obvious situation.

Obviously you should avoid this tactic if traffic is traveling at a high rate of speed.

Your route to your car via the sidewalk is the box. Think outside.

~LT

Page generated in 0.02632 seconds with 8 queries