View Single Post
Old July 21, 2011, 03:39 PM   #13
Doodlebugger45

I know what you mean. I only have 10 calibers and 12 different firearms that I load for, but i have 32 different jugs of powder sitting there. I have made progress though. For my revolvers I made it a goal to develop 1 low recoil plinking round and 1 high power consistent load for each caliber and I have done that for each one. So, at least I do have 1 set load for when I want to sit down and crank out 200 rounds for a shooting session for one of them. But it doesn't keep me from tinkering around to find something even better.

Same thing for my rifle loads. I have a goal to have 2 different loads with different bullet weights that will consistently deliver sub-moa using hunting bullets and at least one load that will do better than that with match bullets for each rifle. I am about 75% of the way to that goal now. But even then, it doesn't stop me from trying to find an even better combo. But it's nice to have a go-to load for each rifle that I can sit down and crank out 40 of them without wondering about different variables and I know they will work just fine.

It would be mighty boring to me to just keep cranking out the same load each time. And this way it's always a surprise to go up to the targets and see the results.

Page generated in 0.02167 seconds with 8 queries