View Single Post
Old October 10, 2009, 08:47 PM   #28
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

You're talking about two different kinds of hunting. No one has suggested that every gun should have a sub-1 pound trigger. A one pound trigger on a 12ga shotgun in NY in November makes as much sense as a 3 pound trigger on a varmint gun.

There is ZERO excuse for triggers over 1 1/2 pound on a dedicated varmint gun. If someone can't handle a 1 1-2 pound, or even 13oz, trigger on a varmint gun then they definately need to lay off the caffeine... or something.

Once again, the trigger weight does not determine the guns "safeness". Some pull weights are more appropriate to certain situations but I consider a 3 pound trigger to be MAX on any gun. My shotgun that I use in November and December in sub-freezing weather and with gloves on, has 3 pound trigger.

If the shooter wears inappropriate gloves or "forgets" to put the safety on then they need to rethink their apparel and/or get those safety rules engrained in their minds.

I have never once "remembered" to put the safety on... But every time I check, it's on. Why? Because putting on the safety is habit not memory.

Page generated in 0.02486 seconds with 8 queries