View Single Post
Old August 28, 2009, 12:29 PM   #1
serf 'rett

How to ask permission?

Bollocks! I just plowed through 5-1/2 pages of posts, Carrying into friend/acquaintances' homes, and thought I was going to get to ask my questions. The thread was closed less than an hour ago. My concealed carry paperwork has been filed with Arkansas State Police and I expect to get a license within 0 to 120 days. I have been trying to figure out how to handle Arkansas Code “(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun.” The great State of Arkansas requires me to tell private homeowner Jack or Jill I’m carrying and the mentioned thread indicated Alaska and SC have similar laws. As a green-as-a-gourd newbie I had hoped to get some pointers on how to handle this legal requirement without becoming a hermit. I read many comments about “picking your friends”, whether one should or should not carry unannounced and "my home, my rules" on the mentioned thread, so we can skip most of that discussion. Since I’m required to “notify the occupant”, anybody got some hints, suggestions or definite “do not do that’s”? While I'm socially active, I'm somewhat of a private person in my private affairs, so how do I broach the subject and ask permission of friends, neighbors or acquaintances?

Page generated in 0.03328 seconds with 8 queries