View Single Post
Old August 25, 2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Nubcakes

Adding Weight - Winchester 94AE

I have a Model 1894AE Winchester that was missing the entire lever assembly, but I managed to get all the parts required to restore it to a functional condition. It's probably my favorite rifle of the ones I have. Its fairly accurate, feels natural to fire, packs a nice punch and really fun to shoot.

Pic of it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ester94_01.jpg

I do however have a couple gripes about it. It's recoil is a little rough, the front of the rifle jumps ALOT, and finally the barrel gets extremely hot after just 30 to 40 shots and there is no real guard for to prevent you from burning your hand like there is on say... A Mosin Nagant or Lee Enfield

If possible I'd like to put a heavier longer barrel on it and also an extended tube magazine to go with it. Preferably 3 to 6 inches longer than what is already on it. Next, I'd like to know if its possible to put a heat shield of some sort around the top of the barrel at the grip. I'd like to add 3 to 5 pounds to this gun so it's more accurate and has a reduced recoil. 9 to 12 pounds is a good weight for a rifle in my opinion

Are the changes I'd like to do to this rifle possible with a 300$ budget? If so where would be a good place to start in getting the parts?

Last edited by Nubcakes; August 25, 2009 at 09:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.02319 seconds with 8 queries