View Single Post
Old June 17, 2009, 01:53 AM   #15
DougO83

Quote:
I would not say that only a person expert in head shots should be the only ones who can CCW.
This is exactly what I said. Read the little story I posted for Kyo. That story is a perfect example of my lack of confidence in my own ability to make headshots. I missed 1 out of 50 and will not try for one in an active shooter scenario because of that. I do not want to miss a critical shot and harm an innocent person. However, expertise is not the issue. Confidence is. You said you do not practice enough to be confident in a Mozambique shot. So...we have two problems here: a lack of confidence and a lack of practice. You know what they say "perfect practice makes perfect."

Quote:
Everyone is responsible for what is behind the target. That being said you have a hydra headed deal here, caliber, SD training for head shots, and confidence in head shots VS. caliber.
You mis-read, cloud, I specifically said
Quote:
Respectfully, if you do not practice enough to be confident in a COM shot, you probably would be better served not to carry
I am referring to your admission that
Quote:
I do not practice enough to have confidence in BANG BANG chest

kyo

Quote:
yea, but you said you got sick to your stomach. that can be both physical and mental. a smaller person might have thrown up, or went unconscious. thing is, we don't know if it was mental or physical that did it. how can we tell?

Sorry for mentioning that as it seemed to distract from the point, which is two-fold: You cannot know ahead of time what size BG you may be forced to shoot and it is impractical to pack enough weapons in enough different calibers to cover all your bases AND practice=confidence. If you do not have confidence in your shooting ability, you owe the public the favor of not carrying...I am 100% confident in the fact that I will hit what I shoot. I practice monthly. If I miss an unacceptable amount of shots while at the range (determined by the weapon being fired) I buy another box of shells and shoot until I am satisfied. I know this may sound extreme, but I carry a weapon for work and have to be dang sure that I only hit what I need to.

I am sorry if I was unclear, guys. I am trying to figure out the mentality behind the OP and providing a little insight as I can...

Matt 6:33

Last edited by DougO83; June 17, 2009 at 02:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.03388 seconds with 8 queries