View Single Post
Old April 25, 2007, 11:43 AM   #6
Shoney

Smokey Joe pretty well nailed it.

I like the nikel brass for rifle hunting loads. It does not tarnish under adverse weather conditions, and chambers with such wonderful smoothness. In revolvers, nickel not only chamber better than regular brass, the fired nickel cases extracts easier.

Many years ago, while hunting grizzly in rainforest like conditions, I carried a 338 and a stainless 44mag in a shoulder holster . On the first evening, we cleaned and oiled our unfired weapons. Working the bolt with a cartridge, was like it had been coated with heavy peanut butter, because of the brass. All the regular brass was discolored and tarnished, especially those in the chambers and magazines. The unfired regular brass cartridges in the 44mag cylinder were difficult to extract, while they normally came out with ease. One member of the party was using nikel brass. It was not tarnished and chambered and extracted with great ease. From that hunt forward, I used nikel brass for hunting.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111

Page generated in 0.02200 seconds with 8 queries