View Single Post
Old May 8, 2005, 11:17 PM   #7
CaptainRazor

All good info mentioned so far, There's really nothing wrong with Lee products, I've used them (along with other makes) for years, I have no real complaints.

I'll 3rd on the Lyman 48 th Manual, it's one of my favorites for reloading. It along with the manual in the Lee kit, should be enough to get you started.
A lot of guys here recommend the ABC's of reloading book as well, I can't comment, I've never read it myself, but I've heard nothing but good stuff about it.
Your Lee dies will come with some load data with them, it's limited in my opinion, but still another reference for info, it never hurts to cross reference loads from 2 or 3 sources (I do).

As for the turret press, you can always get that later, I'd say start with the Lee kit, load some ammo, try it out, then think about upgrading.
I've been loading for about 16 years now and I only have 2 single stage presses, one of them is my first, it's loaded thousands of rounds (RCBS partner press kit) and is still going strong. One of these days, I'll upgrade to a progressive press, but as you can tell, I'm in no hurry.

Page generated in 0.03757 seconds with 8 queries