View Single Post
Old October 24, 2000, 11:41 PM   #1
new guy

Howdy. You might remember a few weeks back I picked up an older 37 in 12 ga. Since detail stripping and cleaning the gun, I have shot six rounds of skeet and hunted with it a dozen times. What a great gun! Light, quick and so far, reliable.
I am completely smitten, enough so that I may try to find an old Deerslayer or M&P model for HD use. Therefore, I am trying to gain some sense of the Ithaca's utility as a fighting shotgun.
First, what is the Ithaca's history as a military and police shotgun? Who used it and what was its record and reputation? Any personal experience?
Second, I gather some of you out there are firearms trainers. What are your opinions on the Ithacas you have seen on your range? How do they hold up to the stress and strain of training, the elements and the occassional tumble to the ground?
What I know of Ithacas is what I have gathered in the hunting field. I would love to hear what some of you in military or police circles have to say before I go buy another one as a dedicated HD piece. And yeah, I know 870's and M1's rule the roost. I just like to be different. Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.03270 seconds with 8 queries