View Single Post
Old November 14, 2012, 11:25 AM   #41
L_Killkenny

First thing........ don't reload for guns used strictly for hunting. I maybe fire 100 centerfire rounds at game a year and even though I have the reloading equipment now, if I had it to do over I'd of just bought factory stuff.

Next is what I try do today...... Handload don't reload. Quality vs. quantity. Experimentation and learning vs. bulk reloading. Yes, bulk reloading is a necessary evil for somethings but I'm ready to toss the powder measure in the junk box and go strictly with a scale and funnel. I like accuracy, I like developing loads to add versatility to my guns (small game vs. plinkin vs. full power hunting vs. target loads), I like testing, etc etc. I'm buying all sorts of stuff I lived without for decades. Case trimmer, a powder tickler, calipers, a chronograph, heck maybe even a tumbler. I really like the "keep better notes" advice. Can't stress that enough. Really gonna concentrate on loading the best ammo I can not the most.

If the only enjoyment you get out of loading is cheaper ammo to burn you're missin out on any of the fun.

Page generated in 0.02238 seconds with 8 queries