View Single Post
Old November 7, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Katrina Guy

Legal Question RE: soon coming weapons ban

I really do want to hear Scattergun Bob's take on this one.
Ok, we all know another round is coming up soon regarding "assult weapons", while this isn't maybe a shotgun question I'm asking it in here because I know Scattergun Bob and Big Jim and I don't know anyone in those other forums since I've never been to them.
Here's my question-you purchase a semi auto handgun clip (magazine) to hold say 15 rounds, you at a later date purchase a semi auto handgun that will then be on the 10 round max list, legal to put your 15 round purchased now clip in a future purchased handgun, under said handgun's 10 round max ?
This isn't some food for thought question, I'm thinking of purchasing a couple Glock clips and a Browning Hi Power clip and I presently don't own either of these fine weapons. Perhaps others of you that read this are considering doing the same wondering if the handgun you purchase later with the old clip will be legal.
ALSO, anyone think that a home defense shotgun will be on a ban list-I'm of course refering to the typical short barrel, long magazine tube type.
I saw on the news this evening gun stores selling feared to be on the ban list weapons like hot cakes.

Please, feel free to add your comments on a subject that to some degree touches us all.

Page generated in 0.02757 seconds with 8 queries