Thread: Reloading Room
View Single Post
Old November 17, 2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Jeff2131

Im revamping my reloading area right now....the biggest thing im doing now that i didnt do from the start is adding bins. Im purchasing a wall hanging bin system for all my brass. Labeling each bin.....308 primed, .308 unprimed, .223 primed, .223 unprimed....etc. im buying enough bin/wall hanging stuff to accomodate twice the brass i already have, which is close to 10,000 (everything combined). I also went to lowes and bought a large "hardware case" that has individual small bins in it that i can store all my bullets and primers in. Whats cool about it is, say im reloading .40's...i just grab that one bin out, set it by the press and pull right from the bin. Then right back in the case. I went to target, bought 4 three shelf cabinets, that were very cheap, about $30/cabinet, i put two pieces of wood horizontally across the back to reinforce them and hung them above my work bench. Two are for ammo storage, one is for powder, dies, and press stuff, the forth is for cleaning for the guns. I went to lowes and spent $20 on a 6ft diamond stamped light fixture for over the bench, plenty of crisp light, and looks nice too. I drilled holes and ran speakers and a plug in for my android so i can play pandora radio while i reload. Also, from lowes, i bought a cheap $35 wet/dry vac that mounts easily to the leg of the work bench, easy cleanup for spent primers, media, and other debris. Bought a small timer for my tumbler so i dont have to worry about forgetting to shut it off if i wanna load it up and leave the house. Also bought one of those bucket/rotating sifters that makes dumping media out of cases a breeze. Tip: get a fine grit media and you wont have to worry about popping the pieces out of the flash holes. And last but not.least, a VERY simple and cheap way to.ensure you avoid moisture issues, go on ebay and spend $10 of a bag of 100small silca gel packs. I drop on in each container of powder, and i pul one in each box of completed ammo. Since ive started doing this, i have seen ZERO tarnishing/discoloration of my loaded rounds, no change in color of powders, and havent run into any moisture issues at all.

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 8 queries