View Single Post
Old March 27, 2008, 10:03 AM   #11
rellascout

Quote:
That is one good looking 1911.
I have to agree. I love the fact that is does not have front serrations. It has really clean lines to my eyes.

This was posted by a Dan Wesson Employee over on 1911forum.com

Quote:
Truth is these are in such high demand at such a steal of a price I can't make them fast enough. Truth be told we can only build one of these a day. They need to be fitted, blended, dehorned, and polished all by hand. Next they have to be built and test fired to make sure that they work before sending them off to be coated. Next we have to disassemble the entire gun and package all the parts for each gun and send them out to be coated. Upon its return we then have to laser the slide and reassemble everything.

We have to be extra careful not to scuff your guns before you get them. This is one of the most durable "coatings" available on the market and setting the standard for all other coatings. It is now being used by a number of companies by different names. In fact there is one company that is using this coating on their barrels instead of Stainless because of it's durability. It is very wear resistant though not indestructable. I wish it was.

Page generated in 0.03596 seconds with 8 queries