View Single Post
Old May 31, 2000, 08:46 PM   #1
Big Bunny

Now, I started with an OAL of 1.17" on my .40 S&W with good results for up to 6 rounds on steel plates, no feeding or ejection problems and good accuracy.

So far so good...Next, I tried to load 12 rounds and could only get 8 in the magazine of my CZ-75 before it got very stiff and would accept no more of the reloaded 155 SWC drylubed linotype ammo without great effort,all being in Winchester cases.

So, I removed the spring and follower and all the rounds fitted OK, but with the spring pressure on it, it put the rounds at a slight angle and this increased friction on the ammo making loading the extra rounds difficult, I feel.

Now I really need 12 rounds for a service match we shoot over here and so I put the OAL down to the minimum recommended of 1.1" and achieved a full magazine as required.

But feeding problems occured with the first shot when OAL was 1.1" causing a scrape/dent on the case, but with 1.13" (as recommended by LEE and others), it was OK and reliable as long as the slide release was used on the initial loading with an open slide.

Gentlemen- your comments and wisdom would be appreciated on this which IS a reloading matter, the CZ-75 9mm takes 15rds (as per the info I have) but the .40"S&W(10mm) only takes 12 due to the extra tiny 1mm in size?

Seems wrong to me somehow, as I can get 14 rounds of blue plastic Glock dummy-rounds in the darned thing!

------------------
***Big Bunny***

Page generated in 0.03612 seconds with 8 queries