View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 04:03 PM   #12
Gaerek

Quote:
Lets not be too hard on the newbs. Like everyone else there will be some bad seeds, but on the whole they will learn.
I don't think this is being hard on newbies. If anything, it's being hard on newbies, who for some reason believe that $$$ makes up for lack of knowledge/experience.

Don't get me wrong, good equipment can make a difference, even in photography (the example I provided), but if you don't know what the hell you're doing, a lot of times the high end equipment can be a detriment and make it even harder.

I used to frequent a photography forum. I remember a guy posting how he had just bought some high end camera, with some high end lenses. He posted some heavily over exposed images. He was asking what he was doing wrong. Someone replied, "What mode are you in? Are you using aperture priority? What was your shutter speed and f/stop set to?" The guy replied, "What's an aperture and f/stop?" Those two things/concepts can be somewhat difficult for someone new to photography, but someone who just dropped $10k on gear should know the basics...and those are the basics.

Page generated in 0.03035 seconds with 8 queries