View Single Post
Old May 7, 2018, 10:45 PM   #12
44 AMP
Staff

KEYBEAR, I understand the temptation to shoot it, and see for yourself, but I think doing so was a mistake.

If even one of the fired cases that were in the gun when you got it didn't extract normally, the gun should have gone back, right then.

Ok, yes fine talk to the custom shop, and get the info from them, that's fine. But if they had told me that they shot the gun 30 times, and all was fine, I'd tell them, "its on its way back to you, YOU get the last six empties out! And then FIX IT!!!"

Doesn't matter if they're proof loads or not, if the cases don't extract normally the gun is not serviceable.

It never occurred to me that they would ship you the gun with fired cases in it. I don't know anybody who does or ever did that. Even when some states required a fired case for their database, I never, ever saw a gun at a dealer
s with the (required) fired case still in the gun. It was always with it, usually in a small envelope.

Every shop, even those with the best of reputations has the occasional screw up. The good ones do everything possible to avoid screw-ups, and fix those that do happen. One guy missing something can result in a serious hit to a shops reputation, and they tend to really care about things like that.

What matters most is how the shop treats you, and the gun, in this matter. the gun needs to be fixed correctly, and the shop needs to do it in a timely manner, on their dime, including all shipping fees.

A friend of mine bought a gun from one of the big name, nationally recognized shops, a specific gun with "period correct" markings. When the gun was delivered, it had the wrong markings. Called the shop, they said, no problem, send it back.

Gun came back in about a week, markings correct. No cost to the owner. Now, here's the thing, some time later, I suspected it had an incorrect part. Owner agreed with me, called the shop, and the shop said.."WHAT???... ok we'll send a tag, send it in..."

He did, it came back in about a week, with the right part installed. Further conversation with the shop went like this.."we're very sorry for what happened, we checked, and the gentleman who let that gun get out, twice, with the wrong part in it is no longer associated with our firm."

ok, not the exact words, but that was the gist of it.

I mention this to point out that not only do the "best" shops sometimes mess up, but it may just be one messed up guy at the shop, and not the whole shop, itself.

give them a chance, see if they do right by you. Either way, please let us know how it goes/

Page generated in 0.02481 seconds with 8 queries