View Single Post
Old November 22, 2019, 07:23 PM   #21
larryf1952

Quote:
I personally am in category 1, although I have given guns away on occasion. The other shooters I've met don't fall into any of the other categories. They buy guns and keep them, occasionally selling guns they don't shoot much any more to friends who want them.
+1

I've never bought a gun with the intention of selling it down the road. Having said that, I've sold a fair number of guns that I no longer needed or that I had decided to no longer shoot, for one reason or another.

Quote:
My issue, at age 67, I have only daughters, with little interest in shooting, two son-in-laws that do not shoot and if inherit my guns, will sell them, so, I'm faced with what to do!...
This also applies to me. I, too, am 67 and have 2 daughters. They grew up around guns and learned to shoot, but guns and shooting are not a part of their adult lives. Leaving my collection to them is out of the question, due to where the younger one lives, and with whom the older one lives. There are no grandchildren to consider.

Thankfully, I have never had to sell a gun because I was short of money and desperate, so I don't fit into that category.

As yet, I'm in good health and can still shoot 100 rounds of 44 Mag without having to deal with arthritis, back pain, etc. Praise God! But, I know that these days won't last forever, and the time will come when my shooting trips will become more restricted and less frequent.

I fear that that's the time when I will have to begin to sell off my guns. I don't want my daughters or my wife to have to decide what to do with them. If I'm going to have to sell them, I'd rather do it when I can still enjoy the proceeds. I just hope that when that time comes, that I'll still have that option available to me.

Page generated in 0.02804 seconds with 8 queries