View Single Post
Old August 21, 2017, 01:57 PM   #10
GilaDan

I have two lubrisizers, both Lyman and one is an antique but still useful. Have about 30 molds and cast everything under the sun, including 375 H&H rifle. I really enjoy lube sizing and typically run most of our cast bullets through that process. I prefer it since it fits my needs - low velocity plinkers.

Know this is a poll but the neatest thing is all the variety available to casters today. I also powder coat but only to specific needs. For example, we cast the 175 (.401) by the hundreds. We stay with the cast bullet for 40S&W (low velocities) but powder coat the bullet for use in 10mm (higher velocities). Works great for us (we, us, meaning my Dad).

There is often talk about 'hardness'. Lots of opinions but I say cater to your needs and uses. If you want to shoot 'soft' bullets power to you. We prefer adding a little antimony and tin to each 20 lb pot. For us it has reduced leading in our barrels.

We prefer to use lube if you are going to run the bullet through the sizer die, why not? We tried the alox/tumbling years ago but evolved to lubrisizers and like it better.

Unique to me and my wife, she LOVES to go to the range and gather brass/bullets. Been doing it for years. She removes copper jackets and recycles for money, I take the lead and make ingots, eventually bullets. We've stock piled a ton of ingots. So, each to their own.

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries