View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 09:09 PM   #12
dakota.potts

charlesc,
My handgun is a CZ 75 BD full size. I love it. Recoil and muzzle flip is very low and it's really just a pleasure to shoot. If I had to, I could fire it more accurately and quickly than any other handgun in the house (we have 5).

Might the Smith and Wesson M&P9 be a great gun? Yes, I've never fired one. Might it be the better gun for you? Of course. I did some research and like my CZ. One reason he could have recommended the M&P9 is because it's simpler. It has a long trigger pull and will fire every time you pull the trigger with no safety. The CZ 75 BD also has no safety but has two firing modes -- double action and single action -- as well as a manual decocker which sets it to half cock. Slightly more complicated. I also believe the CZ might be a little bigger, which I like as it's a gun for my house and my car. The bigger gun is more accurate in my opinion but harder to conceal. I also believe the CZ might be a little cheaper but I don't know that offhand.

As for "stacking" that means the way the bullets are set. In single stack they lay on top of each other. This means that the magazine (and consequentially, the grip) is thinner. However, you may only get 8-10 rounds. With a double stack magazine, the bullets are staggered next to each other. This makes the magazine and grip necessarily wider but you may get as many as 12-20 rounds per magazine that way. It's all about preference.

Don't listen to the above. This refers to magazine stacking, something totally different. I've highlighted it because it's still good general information. Should've read the thread better

Last edited by dakota.potts; November 6, 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02636 seconds with 8 queries