View Single Post
Old June 14, 2009, 03:27 AM   #17
DougO83

A few things:

1. A Taser, the product sold by Taser International, is not somthing that the average crook can get their hands on. The buyer is run through a background check. Though I do not understand all of the nuts 'n bolts of the check, I know it is thorough.

2. Anything can deflect or deter a Taser's leads. An untrained person is not likely going to get both leads to stick in the intended target.

3. You can swat the leads out of your clothing/out of their intended path. It really isn't hard to do. We worked on stuff like this when I was certified to carry one for work.

4. It only works for a moment unless pressure is kept on the trigger. I was only incapacitated for about 3 seconds and was totally functional as soon as the current was stopped. However, you are completely helpless when you get hit, usually. Some are less affected by the current.

Can you resist the current? Maybe. Some people have proven to have a resistance of some sort to the blast. I do not have it and I was told that 'tensing up' can decrease the initial effect, but increase long-term damage*.

*Not verified personally

Matt 6:33

Page generated in 0.02008 seconds with 8 queries