View Single Post
Old September 27, 2006, 06:04 PM   #13
threegun

Thanks for all the advice guys (and gals Springmom).

Quote:
In this case, I don't know what good an AR-15 would do you unless you elected to actually carry it all day long slung over your shoulder
I brought it just in case we get the drop on them (since we know what they look like) and would only use it if I have time to grab it.

Quote:
leave the AR-15 at home and bring another shotgun.....
Flipped a coin this morning and the AR won LOL. I'm very competent with either but having a precision and a scattergun felt better.

Quote:
You've done everything you can. Unless you can function totally as an "armed guard" such that the only thing you are doing is guard duty.
I tried to do this as much as possible today only my co-worker was the guard....thanks for the tip mom.

Mete,
Quote:
visible G35" ? When they see the gun [especially if they've cased the place] you have given up the element of surprise.That means they may shoot you first to eliminate the problem !!!! Keep it concealed ! Forget the rifle .Get training and practice !
14 years or so ago I felt just like you about hiding the sidearms. My boss said that just the sight of the guns on his employees would deter robberies something called omni presence. Guess what he was correct after his 25 plus years owning 2 pawn shops neither has ever been robbed. Shops on either side of ours get robbed several times per year each. Even though history has proven him correct about displaying the weapon in plain view I still realize that if we are robbed it will be with overwhelming force or guns blazing. I am the best trained, fastest, and dare I say the most diligent (not trying to brag) because of my understanding of how a robbery is going to have to be carried out to be successful against us. A few of my coworkers simply cannot be made to believe that it can happen.

Quote:
Threegun, what kind of store is it that you work in? A pawn shop, like the one that was robbed?
Yes a pawnshop. Less than 3 blocks away.

Quote:
I think you deserve commendation for being alert enough to have spotted these guys, and gotten the police properly involved.
Thanks

Quote:
Did they offer you and your fellow workers (or the business owner) any advice or recommendations? (It seems to me that if they do believe you've been cased by the original robbers, they ought to have.)
They just said to use the electronic door lock, be careful, and take care of business if they do come in with weapons. They saw my G-35 and 2 spare mags and laughed (like saying we ain't gonna get robbed) then found the shotgun and laughed some more. Had I brought the Bushmaster with tandem 30 rounders they probably would have pissed themselves LOL.

Anyway gotta go time to close the shop..........don't worry we will be extra careful leaving.

Page generated in 0.03323 seconds with 8 queries