View Single Post
Old January 23, 2022, 08:43 AM   #40
rodfac

Gwpercle, great write-up...and your's mirrors my experience with the venerable BH .357. I'm on my 3rd now; two old models with 4-5/8" & 6-1/2" bbls., and most currently, a 50th Anniversary with 4/5/8" bbl., of course. All were/are good; the oldest purchased new in '67 has probably had 40,000 rounds through it, & virtually all were cast wadcutters and LSWC's.

I never went beyond Lyman's published data for any of them, preferring instead mid-level loads at ~ 1000 fps. And all three would produce 2" or better groups at 25 yds on demand if I paid attention to bullet selection after casting.

While I've owned two Colt SAA's in .44 Special, & .45 Colt, I much prefer the Rugers for their adjustable sights and superior strength. Both of my Colts, BTW, shot to the sights...a rarity to be sure.

If strength is your issue...I doubt you could go wrong with a new, or used Ruger BH...and if there is a problem...they'll fix it pronto. Best Regards, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; January 23, 2022 at 08:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.02978 seconds with 8 queries