View Single Post
Old April 25, 2017, 10:14 AM   #15
PlatinumCore16

Quote:
Actually, there is here:

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/milita...iper-rifle-m91

I don't know if it's any good as I don't have one, but it's worth a shot (pun not intended)
Firstly that is Zastava which is not available in the US unless imported by, for instance, Century. Secondly that is in their military offerings. Likely not able to get that as a civy, let alone in the US.

I would like an SVD, but the prices are monstrous. The only reason to get one would be the fact I have a Mosin and have a fair amount of 7.62x54R that I would love to be able to put to use in an accurate rifle. Which, TBH, my Mosin actually is pretty accurate, but I see no point in attempting to make it any more accurate because it's a 1934 weapon that was built for a by-gone era. It's a collectors piece that's not worth collecting and so it's just fun. Not worth the effort to try to make it a tack driver when I can buy a new rifle for slightly more than a Mosin that is 10x more accurate out of the box.

Woops, rambled there a little, but yea. If a distributor/gun maker decided to make an "inexpensive" SVD , be it a clone/remake/to original spec/etc., I would certainly be interested. But I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Page generated in 0.02365 seconds with 8 queries