View Single Post
Old March 19, 2017, 10:33 AM   #10
buck460XVR

I see grips on handguns like I see stocks on rifles. There are those that can improve one's shooting ability and enjoyment, ones that can reduce that ability and enjoyment, and those that are only for looks. There are also those for intended purposes, like ease of CWC and strictly bench rest target shooting. For the most part, there is a tradeoff of some kind. Those handgun grips that make shooting the biggest magnum handguns most pleasant, generally are not the best looking and vice-versa. For some that pleasantness is more important than looks and to others, they'd rather hurt after a few rounds, than put those "ugly" rubber grips on their "baby". Big bulky target stocks on a lighweight hunting rifle is not an attribute many folks that stalk hunt prefer. I'd assume most factory grips are sized for the average hand, just like the average off the shelf rifle is going to have a stock that will fit the arm length of the target market. This is when being "average" is a good thing. Not so much when quality footwear and other apparel goes on sale. TALO and Lew Horton make their money off dealer exclusives with fancy grips/stocks. Whole cottage industry out there for fancy grips and stocks. Seems grips/stocks matter to many folks.

Page generated in 0.02997 seconds with 8 queries