View Single Post
Old May 18, 2013, 09:11 AM   #4
deepcreek

I was always taught never to pull a gun unless you are going to use it. Off of the top of my head I can think of many bad possibilities and very few good ones.

-Most of the time a handgun gets banished cops get called, it is a felony in many places and it is your word against others. Better be prepared for a very expensive and stressful legal trial.

-It is a tactical error to pull a gun and not use it. You are showing the person your next move before you take it and giving them time for a proper attack.

-To unknown spectators the guy with the gun looks like the "bad guy".

-Many people carrying gun are not aggressive enough to use them and many people get them stripped away and used against them. Are you prepared to shoot an unarmed person who tries to strip your weapon?

-If someone pulls a gun on me and I am armed that is my legal ticket to put 2 in their chest when I get a chance.

-What is your intention with your gun out? To control a person? Most aggressive people are not that easily controlled. Police control people with guns drawn but they also have a badge.
What will you do with a person in your control? do you have the proper training to safely disarm them? To keep them in a position where they are not a threat?

As with everything there is always scenarios where it could be the thing to do but in general I think it is bad.

Page generated in 0.02048 seconds with 8 queries