View Single Post
Old February 19, 2009, 02:23 PM   #86
Glenn E. Meyer

Quote:
My point was that I'm not a lawyer and not going to be dragging out the lawbooks or checking the internet for the current regs if someone is in my house. I'll do what I think is best at the time, guided by my own conscience, knowing that I'll have to live with the decision.
The point is to be aware of the law before an incident. Having some knowledge of what is legal can guide you. Also, it is easy to talk about conscience but what we usually see in some forum debates are the emotional vs. the rational. A sense of territorial violation overcoming a hard look at the consequences of a shoot.

Can you shoot someone who got up from raping your daughter or your son or you? Maybe it would be good to know that. How can that knowledge hurt?

But rape is emotional and clouding the issue for the discussion. How about the guy holding your prized possession and runs towards the door? Might it be good to understand if you could shoot him in the back?

Anyway - make your own path - be aware of the consequences of choosing the emotional over the rational.

Page generated in 0.03081 seconds with 8 queries