View Single Post
Old March 30, 2013, 06:45 PM   #21
Daytona TTA

I guess this case in point can be argued all day as to price, reliability and glam. I consider Colt to be the top dog among many 1911s that are not considered CUSTOM. But once you cross that door-way into the PRICEY guns, you are getting personlized hand fitted and highly inspected weopons.

I like the watches analogy and the car thing was good too, so lets throw another into it. I spent the better part of 10 years shooting pool and when I started, the thought of having the best was the most important thing because with the best you become the best. You agree??? NOT! I was young and stupid and I worked myself to the bone spending money on the latest and greatest thing to give me that edge. When it was said and done I had a $500 case, $60 gloves, silk rags to wiped down the stick, different chalk blocks for breaking, bumping and shooting and a $1800 pool stick so to tell you the truth, I became a pretty good shot. Was the things I had worth it? To me it was,,,,,,at the time.

I was in the French Quarter of New Orleans about 23 yrs ago and an older gentleman came in to play some pool. This was a money night and their were some Benjies rolling around the place. He had almost the same set up I had so I was feeling pretty proud at the time. Until some heated discussions lead to a broken wooden bar stool in which case this old man cleaned me up running the table three times with that damn bar stool leg. He never opened the pool case.

Does having the best make you the best? Not without ablility within yourself to be the best. I found out that night that it didn't matter what I had to do the job, the most important thing was getting the job done. I learned a valuable lesson the hard way.

These high end guns do not make you a better shooter, they only enhance what a great shooter you should already be. They are a compliment of your accomplishments and yes, they are a luxury. When it comes right down to it I guess it just depends how much you want to spend. All the guns mentioned here are going to make you very happy and I certainly would not be disappointed with any.

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries