View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017, 04:59 PM   #5
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Target practice? Seldom with any rifle. I've set limits on my distance shooting long ago. Those limits are pretty easy for me to shoot too without the need to sharpen my shooting skills every year. Besides I pretty much know what will take place in and around my deer stand as I've hunted the same spot every year since 58. (all years but those I spent in the Corp (4)

Can still shoot as far as I can see at my age~~70s. But limit my head shot ability's to 100 yards or less. There after 100 -300. White throat patch puts brown on the ground for me just as fast as a quick mover to the back of the head will.

Cartridge & Rifle of preference.
270 win 130 gr home reload fired thru a Remington 700 Mountain model. {a light-weight wood stocked dangerous weapon in the right hands. Having a long-skinny accurate barrel.} Glass & its hardware preference: QRW {high} rings w/ 2-piece (leupold) mounts holding tightly to a > Vari X-3.

When I have a need for a chip shot rifle. I have a second rifle identical to the (above) almost in every way. Only its stock color differs. Caliber >25-06 Remington. (my poor mans Weatherby.)

Page generated in 0.02560 seconds with 8 queries