View Single Post
Old August 14, 2019, 11:39 AM   #58
rodfac

Quote:
Grip shape, grip profile, grip material... and, at the end of the day... everyone's individual shooting hand, handle recoil differently.
Yep, gotta agree with this as well...for me, the single action grip, as originally devised, handles recoil better than the DA revolver grip as produced by S&W and Colt.

That hump on their DA/SA's, IMHO, was added to facilitate DA use for quick follow up shots. For precision, in my hands at least, it's SA triggers that do better. And any S&W or Colt has a better SA trigger break than my beloved Rugers or Colt SSA's.

Of late, I've been doing a lot of DA shooting with a Smith M18 .22 revolver. More to improve my efforts with a Smith M60 with a 3" tube, (a regular carry piece when headed for the big city). But even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut as just a few minutes ago, I managed a 1/2" gp for six shots from the 10 yd line on my home range. CCI Sub-Sonic .22 LR HP's filled the charge holes... and you'll no doubt agree that the gun really likes them. Too, I was having a exceptionally "good eyes" day.

All of that blather notwithstanding, the .41 is, was and will continue to be an outstanding caliber for a multitude of legit uses.

Best Regards, Rod Pic of the Smith M18 .22

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; August 14, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.02328 seconds with 8 queries