View Single Post
Old November 17, 2018, 04:49 PM   #26
FireForged

Police respond to and investigate suspicious circumstances each and every day ..all day and all night long. I would suspect that an unknown person following me, probably has hostile intent. That means contacting me for the purpose of a harassing confrontation( verbal or physical), assault, robbery, car jacking, property damage or similar crime involving the potential for danger. No matter what it is or isn't, I do not think it unreasonable for the POLICE to investigate the suspicious activity and determine for themselves what is afoot. If nothing else, they have identified the person and his behavior for future reference. They have stopped the person from potentially carrying out a crime against me. They have mitigated the possibility that we may have a conflict in a public venue and it also negates the potential that I need respond defensively. The guy may be stalking me, my vehicle because my wife drives it ( who knows).. at least we would have him on paper should these events continue.

Preventing a confrontation protects me, him as well as the public. Its just common sense to avoid it and put a stop to it. If it turns out to be nothing... so be it.

The idea that police only respond to active crimes being committed is a silly notion. The suggestion that it may be a waste of resources to notify the police that you are currently being followed/pursued is equally as silly. Lastly, if the suggestion is that you should not call the police if you a Man and not currently under attack.. that sounds like really bad advise.

Last edited by FireForged; November 17, 2018 at 05:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.04190 seconds with 8 queries