View Single Post
Old December 25, 2012, 10:04 AM   #31
Tom68

Merry Christmas to everyone here! I hope that you gave and received what will be a favorite firearm or accessory that can be cherished for a lifetime or more. I didn't gift any firearms this year, but I did receive two sets of dies (one set from each of my children. they were surprised that they had given them to me )

But... although not a firearm, but closely related: I gave my wife a Sword for Christmas. Not just any sword, mind you... this one had belonged to her 3rd Great Grandfather, a Brigadier General in the Union Army (ugh on that last part... I'm a dyed in the wool southerner with 5 CSA ancestors). She found it for sale online and opined "If you can have all those mil-surp rifles, then SURELY you will get my Grandfather's sword!" However, she thought she was just talking and I can say that when she found out I had ordered it, her enthusiasm nearly matched the time when I asked her to marry me!

Also... I'd like to echo post #6... I pray for saneness to prevail; above all for innocent people to stop being hurt, and for whackos to stop threatening our interests by using firearms in their crazy outbursts.

One last comment on my Christmas greeting: I'm the only member of my family who is NOT on Facebook, even though they keep on applying pressure to join. I tell them that Firing Line is MY Facebook! so, to all my FL friends... Merry Christmas!

Page generated in 0.03018 seconds with 8 queries