View Single Post
Old April 4, 2005, 04:10 PM   #15
novus collectus

Powder man,
.45 acp and since I am currently reloading .45 colt as well I will start casting for them as well when I run out of the box of 500, 250gr, store bought cast bullets I have now. The .45 colt are too heavy I think and I ordered the mold for 230gr bullets or maybe a few grains less. Since I am using the .45 acp in an old 1911, I will not load to too high a pressure and no +p loads. I bought a pound of unique for starting just two weeks ago and I plan on using unique for my .45 colt as well. And I read about the possible advantages of the liquid lube over the wax-like lube and was thinking about using that too.

I can probably jerry rig something for sluggin my bore but what is the proper way?

If you can point me to the right place to look for your post on THR then that would be good. I quickly looked at the castboolits.gunloads website that was linked earlier in this thread and liked what I saw there as well.

I want to thank everyone again and I keep printinga hard copy more and more of this thread for reference and I keep adding more info that I know I will need and use with great gratitude to all of y'all.

P.S. how does a sizing die work?

Page generated in 0.03655 seconds with 8 queries