View Single Post
Old August 17, 2007, 03:42 PM   #31
springmom

I love my revolvers. My snubbie is concealable when nothing else is, my .357 is just a hoot to take to the range (especially with .38's in it, I can shoot it all day). My .44mag is for hunting, something I'd not try with any of my pistols.

But I too have had occasion to look at a group of young males unknown to me walking around our little neighborhood late at night and thought, "You know, I don't have enough rounds with me."

We were walking the dogs one evening in June. I had the snubbie IWB, no speedloaders with me. Here came five or six young males. One of them, I think, lives in the neighborhood. The rest I'd never seen before. I'm sorry to say, but their mode of dress (pants barely covering their rears), all-red shirts and shorts, swagger, bandanas...I was thinking about that snubbie.

So I too think about two more rounds per mag, the ease of switching out mags in a hurry, and the revolvers are relegated to special occasions, and the Kimber becomes the default carry. Used to be in the summer it was the snubbie every day. Not so much now.

I won't retire them, and I certainly won't get rid of them, but they're backup, not the main event at this point.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.03665 seconds with 8 queries