View Single Post
Old February 17, 2021, 11:12 AM   #3
FlyFish

I've always been partial to O/Us simply because I seem to shoot them better. It could be the single sighting plane that's often cited as an advantage of the stack-barrel configuration, or it could be all in my mind. I can't say for sure, only that I know I shoot them better. YMMV. I have a number of O/Us made many years ago for the Charles Daly name by Miroku, the Japanese company that makes the Citori for Browning. I think the Miroku Dalys remain about the best value in a quality O/U and good examples can be had (used, of course) for several hundred dollars, even less.

That said, for the pleasure of owning and using fine things, and just simply as an object of beauty, there's nothing to my mind that can beat a high-quality small-gauge SxS. I occasionally hunt with an older gentlemen who shoots a very fine - as in well into 5 figures - Spanish 28 ga. SxS with exquisite engraving, a beautifully color case hardened receiver, and a piece of wood that could grace the cover of just about any gun magazine. I have a hard time concentrating on the dogs and birds when he's in the field with that gun.

Page generated in 0.03703 seconds with 8 queries