View Single Post
Old January 21, 2009, 10:26 AM   #19
2amencw

ar ammo

buy whatever you can get for practice. remember hitting the target repeatedly is easy. the real training comes in if you do have to clear a malf and then get your wits back together and hit the target.as for me i trust wolf.... all the other nice stuff is great if you can get it, but in todays world if you can get it and it shoots reliably then use it. i dont know of anyone who wants to get shot with any bullet, even a 223 made by wolf or brown bear. there seems to always be alot of bias toward steel case or steel jacketed stuff. i shot a deer with 203gr bimetal sp in 7.62x54r out of an m44 carbine. the bullet(steel jacketed) literally detonated inside the deer and left a clean through and through hole that was 3x3in. an arm would go throught the hole.so much for non expanding steel jacketed sp ammo. look the long and short is that some guns do fine with it and some dont. get some of each and try it. dont get pushed around by the "experienced poster". been there done that, learn by doing. learn something with each trigger pull good or bad. wolf is not going to ruin your gun. i have read more bad stories about brass ammo blowing up ars than wolf. keep your ar clean and you wont have problems. "Bring the Rain" Molon Labe!

Last edited by 2amencw; January 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.02438 seconds with 8 queries