View Single Post
Old June 26, 2018, 04:17 AM   #8
MrBot

Mobuck, I totally agree: What you have for sd absolutely, positively has gotta work. That's why I carried a Ruger SP101 .357 snubby for over a yr after getting my cc license. It works! But I must take issue with the accuracy thinking. From what little I've read it's my understanding that hitting a target in a high-stress sd shooting can be darned difficult, especially with a hg. For starters you have that tiny li'l sight radius working against you, not to mention you may have little x to line up the sights. Plus, your assailant may not just stand there while you take shots @ him. I read an FBI report once that concluded if confronted by someone with a hg, if there's much distance @ all between the 2 of you, you should run. If you do within a second or so, assuming you have any wheels under you @ all, you'll soon be far 'nuf away that getting hit would be unlikely. That same conclusion would apply to your home invader. I've shotguns loaded with buck in the house & I'll soon have the 5.56. I've shot many a bird & rabbit with the scatterguns no problem @ all. I would have ended up with a lot less meat on the table had I been looking down the bbl of say that li'l Ruger. In a home invasion, if I can get to one, I'm grabbing a sg or the AR before a hg.

Page generated in 0.02618 seconds with 8 queries