View Single Post
Old February 11, 2018, 11:06 PM   #1
Zeroed

Should I or Should I Not?

Curious how you guys feel about shooting reloads reloaded by someone other than yourself?
What about Factory Remanufactured ammo?

I'm new to reloading, still haven't loaded my 1st round yet, still looking for equipment. But my brother reloads, he's not very helpful when it comes to me asking questions on reloading. Maybe because we're brothers or he thinks I should already know the answer? So that's why I searched out reloading forums and landed here, for Help and Guidance.
I recently got 200rds of .45 reloads, 150rds of factory reman .45 (starline cases), and 200 reloads in pistol charged .308 rounds (I bought his .308 pistol).
I trust the guys who loaded them, but my brother comes near unglued that I got them, and says I should not shoot them. Says Because I don't know if they were loaded to saami. Said I should pull the bullets and reload them myself when I finally start doing it.
I believe they'll be okay to shoot.
What do you think? Shoot or Pull heads and reload myself? Or is my brother just trying to instill the importance and dangers of reloading, scare tactic so to speak?
Have you shot reloads from another source?
Any other concerns besides the possibility of over/under-powdering from saami specs?
Thanks

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries