View Single Post
Old October 29, 2016, 08:33 PM   #1
bigbird34

I need Colt 1873 Peacemaker help

Hello Gentlemen, it has been a while , but I have an Old colt Model 1873 , that requires your assistance , as I try to figure out what it may be worth !

This pistol is lettered by Colt, S/N 286xxx, it was originally a 41 Long Colt, it is now a 38 Spl. We assume Colt did the work, but the letter does not state that this is so.
I know this a negative in value . But The original owner of the Gun was "William B. Hyde " and he had Stamped, on the back strap of the pistol is
"Herbert K. Hyde Indian Terrioity 5 august 1898 " This is Williams sons "Herbert" birth date .In 7/24/1906 Herbert Hyde had an "Muskogee, Indian Territory" application that was received at this office " Commisioner to the Five Civilized Tribes" for the enrollment,as a minor citizen by blood of the Cherokee Nation and was applying to be a minor , of William B. Hyde,and his mother "Ora Beavers nee Hyde" .

We also believe that Herbert K. Hyde, was somehow involved with the dimise of Machine Gun Kelly ,and he helped capture or prosacute , Machine gun Kelly . This is the time period when Herbert probably had the 41 L.C., made into a 38 special 1906 we believe .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...4/DSCF4018.jpg

Thank you for any assistance you can provide !

Page generated in 0.02540 seconds with 8 queries