View Single Post
Old January 21, 2009, 10:24 PM   #18
32 Magnum
Member In Memoriam

I finally got in! Thanks to RJay for throwing the line. I think you guys have pretty well nailed down that this is indeed an H&R. Comparing the frame with pieces in my collection I, strongly, believe this piece is derived from the 1953 to 1955 2nd Model 922 because of the "acorn" shaped hammer spur. Tom2 said it looks just like the Mod. 900, that is because the M 900 was based upon the M 922, but had the left frame cut to allow the "Pop out" cylinder removal system rather than the "pull pin" system. I'd really like to eye ball this piece - however, from the pics, I'm inclined, also, to believe it is a pattern room or prototype piece. I've got a few prototypes (hand guns as well as shotguns) in my collection, and all have very unique serial or ID numbers, that's why I'd like to see the number stamped on the lower tang. On this Model during the specified time span, all the identifying stampings were on the left side of the barrel. So, if the original barrel was removed and the 16" was installed, all the identifiers would be lost. This revolving carbine may very well be one of a kind...I'd like to add it to my collection, should you ever decide to sell - let me know. Thanks for sharing this very interesting item.
Jim Hauff - H&R Collector

Page generated in 0.02109 seconds with 8 queries