Thread: LC Smith Field
View Single Post
Old June 24, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1
JSAW

LC Smith Field

Just wanting to know about an approximate value of a LC Smith Field Grade 12 gauge shotgun. I don't have any pictures of it, but I'll get them asap...

The gun seems to be showing it's age, the stock has got some old scratches and some pitting that looks to have been around a while. According to my uncle the stock and foregrip may have been varnished at some point. The butt plate is broke, but a previous owner at some point screwed the broke piece back on.

The base and trigger area seems to be in great shape, just some surface pitting, someone has removed the bluing and refinished it.

Foregrip looks to be in good shape, varnished like the stock. Worst case scenario is a hair line crack about an inch or so long from the release button, best case it's a scratch; I can't tell for sure.

The barrels have a good finish, underneath has some slight dings and pings. Inside the left barrel has a little scar, right barrel looks smooth.

The breach is nice and tight.

In my opinion, which isn't worth a hill of beans: I think the shotgun looks good from a distance, with just some dents, dings and scars; other than the butt plate nothing seems to be broken or fouled up.

Page generated in 0.02263 seconds with 8 queries