View Single Post
Old April 20, 2013, 08:26 AM   #26
bbqbob51

Every one is different; in how they dress, how they want to carry and what they would consider heavy. I first attempted to carry a 9mm Stoeger Cougar but could not comfortably conceal it and it felt very heavy to me. I know there are those out there that carry a full sized 1911 or a Ruger GP100/S&W 686 but for the life of me I can't figure out how they do it.
I finally settled on a snub nosed revolver for carry because of the simplicity of operation and ease of concealment. The GP100 snubby is even heavier than the aforementioned Cougar so I immediately ruled that out. I considered the SP101 but at 26 oz. it is almost as heavy as the 32 oz Cougar. I settled on the 13 oz. 38spl Ruger LCR which I usually carry in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. It works for me whether summer or winter, whether I wear jeans and heavy jacket or shorts and T-shirt. It is very comfortable for me and I actually forget I have it on me so it works for me. In a bad situation a gun on me is better than one resting in my gun safe.

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries