View Single Post
Old December 15, 2012, 09:13 PM   #10
shortwave

Aguila Blanca,

Your great-grandfather was a very wise man.

And sadly, there does not appear to be many people left these days in power positions with the same thoughts as your great-grandfather.

Some years ago I was standing in the court house in Cols., Ohio with a very prominent Ohio defense attorney and our conversation was about certain past cases in which it was puzzling that either the defendant walked when they were obviously guilty or visa versa, found guilty with very little evidence.

I'll never forget the statement he made nor the, more or less, smirk on his face when he said this:

" Do you know who sits in the top floor of this building?"

My response: "NO"

His answer:

" Monty Hall.... This place is like 'Lets Make a Deal'. If you've got the money, I can get you out of it".

The sad reality is, this has been the general attitude for years. And seeing some of the more 'high rolling' crime figures do business right in front of LE eye's, go to court time after time and walk time after time, there must be something to what my attorney acquaintance said.

Too, I know another fella that has had 5 DUI's, still has drivers license, still drinks/drives and basically laughs about his situation. He'll be the first to tell ya what has gotten him off thus far. Money, and a lot of it.
The last time (about 1 1/2 yrs. ago)he walked into his counselors office facing DUI charges, his attorney wouldn't even take the case for under $20,000. He's used the same attorney over the years and all his DUI's have occurred within the same county.

What's wrong with this picture???

Have the laws been enforced and prosecuted equally for everyone???...IMO, it would take a very,very naive person to think so.

Page generated in 0.02173 seconds with 8 queries