View Single Post
Old August 30, 2010, 09:21 AM   #11
jmorris

Quote:
I took my P226 to a match with ammo loaded for my Colt but not retested. It would not deliver as much velocity as my Colt. Fortunately the chronoman at the match had a Colt 9mm as a reference gun and my ammo passed in it, so I could continue.
Good point, I have a few pistols and revolvers that always go with me to matches as they are the “fastest” shooting guns I have in their caliber. The rule book allows your ammunition to be chronographed in any legal (for the division) firearm. I have never had to use them but a fellow shooter did come to find his load out of my 38 spl went 75 fps faster than it did out of his .357 so he didn’t DQ. I go for just over 170 and 130 just so I don’t have to worry about making 165 or 125, there are plenty of other things to be thinking about.

Quote:
Don't forget about those big, steel popper targets, if they are used at the matches you will be attending.
Too mild a load might not knock them down well, or at all.
All steel must be calibrated to fall with ammunition that makes PF. However, this is another reason why I prefer, heavy for caliber, bullets (9/147, 40/180,45/230) as they seem to do a better job to me knocking down steel.

Page generated in 0.02444 seconds with 8 queries