View Single Post
Old February 19, 2019, 05:07 AM   #22
bamaranger

new cartridge & a Mini

I think some type of medium bore 35-40 cal auto round is overdue (think .401 Win) , perhaps the .350L is the one. Seems were looking at .35 Rem ballistics from a case/cartridge that will feed through a standard AR action. All pretty interesting, as I was not aware of the .350L. It would seem, as a rimless straight wall number, that it will have to headspace on the case mouth, like an auto pistol. Some where I read that is not the best arrangement for a rifle, , can't recall all reasons why, but reloaders will have to really watch case length and crimp I'd think, especially with the pressures I bet this number develops working those cases.

I've posted regards my predictions for the future of the Mini many times before. I just don't see the Mini in any chambering long for this world. 'Tis a pity, cause I like the little carbines, but with AR's selling for nearly $300 less ( I saw new DPMS Oracles today for $400) I don't see how Ruger can make any profit on the Mini.......and you know what that means.

As a custom job, enough money can get you nearly anything. Getting the Mini proprietary mag to feed the .350L might be a real issue though. If/when Ruger discontinues the Mini, finding enough of genuine Ruger mags to tweak could be a real issue.

Now I'm gonna go an look up the .350L......

Page generated in 0.03918 seconds with 8 queries