View Single Post
Old May 3, 2009, 12:51 PM   #50
dmazur

I got started in reloading around 1979 with Lee's "whack a mole" reloading kits. That's been a while ago, but I remember doing .45 ACP, .44 Mag, .30-06 Sprg and .222 Rem.

I didn't shoot much, except for sighting-in before hunting, so I never got into volume reloading until around 1998 or so. At that time I started loading .45 ACP with a vengeance and I got a Dillon 550B. The quick change toolhead was kind of an unused feature, as I was only loading the one cartridge, but I learned to clean and maintain the press and crank out rounds.

For some reason I decided to get some more dies and start reloading for the other cartridges in my stable, which included .44 Mag and two bottleneck cartridges, .243 Win and .30-06 Sprg. So, around 2001 I got some additional toolheads, dies and powder measures and started taking advantage of the 550B's quick-change.

Addition of a Garand may have had something to do with the desire to reload .30-06 Sprg in quantity...

In the last year or so I've been learning more about headspace and gauges than I planned to, initially.

So, I have around 10 years of experience and I consider myself a beginner.

Page generated in 0.02054 seconds with 8 queries