View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 06:37 PM   #281
K_Mac

As I was out getting my morning exercise I noticed that my neighbor has put up the 2A on ~5'x5' posters at both ends of their property. I stopped and read it, though I know it by heart, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." I've been thinking and reading about it since. Maybe that is a danger when increasing oxygen flow to ones brain? Now we can discuss and debate what the FF had in mind by Militia or even State in this context, but they are both contingent on right the of the people to keep and bear arms. A militia is universally defined as a body of citizen solders, in contrast to a professional military force under the supply and command of a central government, and they knew to be free the people needed to have the RKBA. That is what they had in mind, and everything else is secondary to that in my opinion.

Last edited by K_Mac; January 15, 2013 at 09:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.03796 seconds with 8 queries