View Single Post
Old April 12, 2001, 09:01 AM   #4
Doc Hudson

First of all, let me join in the praise of Shin-Tao. Well done sir. Coming to the aid of a friend is a mark of great distinction.

Second let me suggest that both of you acquire and keep near the door a substantial club of some sort, whether baseball bat, length of 1" galvanized pipe, or 2x4. Either will be much more effective in dealing with dog packs than broom handles.

As far as dog attacks go, cities are just as dangerous and the country. Perhaps more so. At least in the country, feral dogs have an opportunity to hunt wild game and livestock. In cities, if feral dogs can not find enough rats, nor scrounge enough from dumpsters, they quickly turn to pets and people.

I am not a cat fancier, but you have my sympathy for the loss of your pet. Thank God the dogs did not attack you or Shin-Tao. If you have not filed a complaint/report with the police and animal control, you should do so now. It sounds to me that steps must be taken quickly to eradicate or reduce the number of feral dogs in your area before a human is attacked and killed.

Regards,
Doc Hudson

Page generated in 0.02407 seconds with 8 queries