View Single Post
Old July 2, 2011, 06:43 PM   #8
GoOfY-FoOt

Quote:
Some mental illness and suicide caused thereby is biologically driven.
Although, this is not the direction I want this thread to go in, I must disagree with your statement. Like most matters of the brain, no pun intended, research can only postulate and theorize as to what causes what and why certain disorders seem to lead to certain types of behavior. As for suicide, who is to say that a person who is unable, or unwilling, to communicate their intentions, does so as a direct result of their mental condition. It may be as simple as, thier inability to communicate, prompts their desire to give up. Something that they could still have control of.

And before you offer it as a rebuttal, someone who is insane or mentally retarded, to the point of not being able to know what is a safe action, does not display intent. ( i.e. Loony individual breaks out of the asylum and darts into the nearest street... )

Now, back to the thread...Ming's idea of not renting to someone who doesn't already possess a firearm, seems plausible but can only be detrimental to those in their right mind, who may be looking to get into shooting or become the newest member of the 2A club. I know that I have sent many an individual to a few local ranges that rent guns, just for the purpose of trying a few out, to feel the differences that I am trying to explain/relate to them.

Page generated in 0.02406 seconds with 8 queries