View Single Post
Old July 21, 2010, 10:11 PM   #9
midnightrider

^^^X2 ^^^^ on the Lee classic press, I have one I love it. It depends on how much shooting you intend to do to make the jump to a progressive press. If you plan on putting 200 rounds downrange each time you go you may want to get a progressive. but for the workin' man that does some shooting on the weekends the Lee classic is a great press. I can sit down and load up fifty pistol bullets in less than 20 min. Rifle is different I shoot precision so it takes longer. I do get carried away on squezzing accuracy out on my rifle reloading. If I wanted I could pump out rifle almost as fast as I can pistol.

I have broken my Lee Classic press trying to neck size 30-06 with a Lee neck sizer. the Lee neck sizer works great on rifle cartidges where the neck walls are paper thin but for anything bigger the Lee neck die is a giant piece of S***:barf: dont get those, they take way too much upward force to get neck tension needed on rifle cartridge, people have luck with them, seems 50/50 on good and bad from guys I know. The turret holder broke into two pieces. Lee fixed me right up. I mailed them the busted piece to them, and they sent me a new one.

Last edited by midnightrider; July 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.04031 seconds with 8 queries